We are proud to offer a new, helpful service for all members called DoubleCheck Solutions. Checkout this 1 minute overview video on DoubleCheck!
Whenever you have Non-Sufficient-Funds (NSF) in your account to cover a payment you made by ACH or a check overdraft, you will be sent a special alert by text and email. This alert gives you time to take action and rectify the situation before your transaction is declined, ensuring critical payments like rent or utilities get paid, while protecting your reputation and credit rating.
Double Check also offers alternative payment options to add funds to your account after the fact or use a credit card to cover expenses.
DoubleCheck is a great solution to help you avoid the negative consequences of bouncing a payment including damaged relationships or a hit to your credit rating. You will also save money by avoiding late fees from service providers, as well as returned payment fees from the bank or credit union of the business that received the bounced payment.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- If you had conducted one or more transactions with CME’s checking account that would bring the balance below zero, you will get a text message or email alert message like this:
DAFFY DUCK, your CME Federal Credit Union account ending in 9999 has insufficient funds for one or more transactions. Please login to online banking at https://cme.mydoublecheck.com/ or visit a branch before 11:00 AM EST on Jan 6, 2022 to review your resolution options. If you are concerned about using links in this email, you can type https://cme.mydoublecheck.com/ directly into your browser. Resolution options will expire at 11:00 AM EST on Jan 6, 2022. CME Federal Credit Union 1-888-224-3108
If you’d like to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails click here .
- The link in the email will take you to an Alogent login page. Once you are logged in, you are immediately taken to the DoubleCheck page where you can make your pay/return decisions. If you navigate away from the DoubleCheck page, you will have to use the link from the email to get back to the iFrame.
- Follow the instructions to decide how to pay for the potential NSF, including agreeing to the service charge. You only pay the service charge if you use DoubleCheck to make any changes. It doesn’t cost anything to login and view your transactions. The fee is applied only after you elect to make changes.
- This service is only for items that would be returned to the maker and unpaid by any overdraft or Courtesy Pay that you have set up on your membership.
Take a few minutes to watch this series of video tutorials that will show you what the platform looks like and includes step-by-step instructions on how to use it:
- Introduction to DoubleCheck https://vimeo.com/516825154/eaeaa8cb8f
- Explore Your Options & Make Decisions https://vimeo.com/516828001/3b27aa0ba9
- Review Your Selections https://vimeo.com/516833096/fb139cb3ab
- Select Your Payment Option https://vimeo.com/516834722/48c8674e25