CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) – IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING A TEMPORARY CHANGE IN BRANCH OPERATIONS CME Update
Important Information Regarding (COVID-19)
The recent change in our everyday lives can be very unsettling. In response to new challenges that our members may be facing, we developed our Safeguard Loan. At CME Federal Credit Union, we stand ready to help you protect your finances!
- Quickly qualify up to $2,500, based on net monthly income
- Special fixed 5.25% APR* for 24 months
- No payments for 90 days
- Members of 12 months or more will be rewarded for longevity and will have an expedited approval process
- No origination or prepayment penalties
To get started, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614.224.8890 option 2.
We look forward to continue to develop new ways to help deliver Banking That Has Your Back during these unprecedented times.
In response to the request by The Office of Governor DeWine to aggressively protect the health and safety of our members and employees, we made the difficult decision to fully implement social distancing by closing our Downtown location- 365 S. 4th Street, Columbus, OH, 43215 as of March 20th, 2020.
CME Federal Credit Union is delivering Banking That Has Your Back by ensuring our members are protected from a direct and/or indirect impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We have developed special programs for you to take advantage of if you are experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic.
- Vehicle Payment Deferral Program: We are offering a payment deferral for up to 90 days with no late fees during the deferral period.
- Credit Card Solutions: We have a variety of options to assist with your credit card payments.
- Mortgage and Home Equity: We are offering up to 90 days Payment Forbearance with no late fees.
- Skip-A-Pay: We are waiving the fee to skip your installment loan payment. This includes Autos, Boats, RVs and Personal Loans.
- Suspending Repossessions: We are suspending initiating any new repossession actions on vehicles for the next 60 days.
- Suspending Foreclosure Actions: We are suspending initiating any new foreclosure actions on residential properties in the next 60 days.
If you are currently experiencing hardship or have concerns about future hardship, please contact our Member Care Center at 614-224-8890 or email@example.com. Our staff is standing strong and ready to help provide you with financial peace of mind.
CME Federal Credit Union issued a statement in regard to the Coronavirus that included our commitment to protect our members, associates and our communities. As we continue to follow the developments on COVID-19 and the direction being given by The Office of Governor Mike DeWine, we have decided to take early action. We are confident that social distancing is the best path to help slow the spread of the virus. Therefore the following temporary changes has been made to our operating structure:
Downtown Branch – 365 S. 4th St., Columbus, OH 43215 – Normal operating hours and normal lobby services will continue to be available
The following branches will offer normal operating hours but only drive-thru services will be available:
Hilliard Branch– 4099 Trueman Blvd., Hilliard, OH 43026
Clintonville Branch– 4545 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43214
Pickerington Branch– 1017 Refugee Rd., Pickerington, OH 43147
Westerville Branch– 428 State St., Westerville, OH 43081
Delivering Banking That Has Your Back means that the health and wellness of our members and associates are at the forefront of every decision, and we will monitor the situation and make changes as it evolves. If you have experienced hardship as a result of the Coronavirus, please reach out to us for assistance. If you have questions on COVID-19, please contact the ODH Hotline at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or visit www.cdc.gov.
CME Federal Credit Union is pleased to provide you peace of mind during these uncertain times. We want to remind you that your accounts are insured up to $500,000. The first $250,000 is covered by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) which was created by Congress in 1970 to insure members’ deposits in federally insured credit unions. NCUSIF is financially strong to the point that credit union members have never lost even a penny of insured savings at a federally insured credit union. In addition, NCUSIF has the backing of the full faith and credit of the United States. CME has also chosen to ensure all member deposits for an additional $250,000 for a total of up to $500,000, through the purchase of Excess Share Insurance (ESI) through the American Share Insurance, a private insurance company. (Important to note that if you have more than $500,000 at CME, please give us a call and we can talk about your options to ensure all of your funds are covered by classifying the accounts to maximize coverage.) For more information, click here.
CME encourages you to use our virtual channels with 24/7 access. You can bank anywhere any time through our banking services:
- Online Banking: View your balances, complete transfers, make loan payments, pay bills and so much more!
- Mobile App: View your balance, deposit checks, complete transfers, make payments, set account alerts and so much more! You can download the Mobile App through the Google or Apple app store
- CMEbyPhone: Call 844-403-9111 to hear account details
- Chat with us: Text 1-614-333-1930 for account information and questions regarding new or existing accounts and loans!
- Shared Branches and ATMs: We have over 5,600 Nationwide Shared Branches and 55,000 fee-free ATMs to give you convenient access to cash. To find a location near you, please visit https://cmefcu.locatorsearch.com/. Please note their hours/open locations may have been altered due to COVID-19.
- Skip-a-Pay: Need extra funds? The Skip-a-Pay program at CME lets you keep cash in your pocket by skipping a loan payment when you need it most! Members can Skip-a-Pay on their Personal, Auto, RV, Boat, or Motorcycle Loan anytime throughout the year. For more information click here.
- Member Care Center: We are doubling the staffing of our Member Care Center to assist you in taking advantage of these products and services, and can even help you to enroll and use them for the first time! Give us a call at 614-224-8890 or Toll Free 888-224-3108.