COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION CME Update
Important Information Regarding (COVID-19)
We are happy to announce that we have reopened our branch lobbies at our Downtown and Pickerington locations with our regular business hours of Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm and Saturday 9am-1pm. Our Westerville, Clintonville & Hilliard locations will continue to operate through the drive thru lanes.
You will notice a few changes in our lobbies as our member and associates’ health and safety are of the utmost priority.
- We will utilize a separate entry and exit point to the branch that will be indicated by signage.
- Protective plexiglass shields have been installed at all teller and receptionist stations.
- Some of our employees may be wearing face masks, as well as our members, though we are not requiring them in our branches. For security, if you are wearing a mask, we may briefly ask you to remove it for identification purposes.
- We encourage you to bring your own pens. We will also be sanitizing all CME pens after each customer use.
- All work areas, door handles, desks, and drive-up canisters will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Please continue to follow 6-foot social distancing guidelines, floors will be marked to assist you. If lobbies become crowded and social distancing guidelines cannot be met, you may be asked to wait outside until others complete their transactions. Please limit your time in the branch. You may continue to make an appointment to meet with our staff.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the lobbies. Please continue to wash and sanitize your hands regularly.
- Public access to branch restrooms will be closed.
- Offerings of beverages and candy will be unavailable.
- Please, for the safety of all members and associates, do not visit the branch if you do not feel well.
We continue to encourage our members to process requests and transactions through our convenient virtual channels, such as our Mobile App, Remote Deposit, Billpay and Online Banking.
Paycheck Protection Program Loan
- Per SBA guidance, only current CME business account holders are eligible to apply.
- As of 4/16/2020, all of the SBA funds have been allocated and we are unable to submit new applications to the SBA at this time. You are welcome to submit your application in the event that Congress allocates additional funds to the program.
Economic Impact Payments
Do you have questions regarding your stimulus check? Here is a helpful link from the IRS.
Quick Reference for Questions that CME Financial Advisor, Drew Boyer answered on NBC4 Live Today!
How do I know if I’ll get a stimulus check, how much, and when will it arrive?
Can I still get a stimulus check if I’m on social security, disability, and/or pension?
Is the stimulus check taxable?
NO, it acts as a credit against 2020 income taxes.
What about my 2019 tax returns?
2019 returns were delayed 90-days, not due until July 15th.
I lost my job and/or am in fear of losing my job? How do I sign-up up for unemployment?
Please visit https://unemployment.ohio.gov/
Also, are these benefits are taxable?
Yes, this is both taxable on both state and federal level. You may also qualify for underemployment benefits if you role is decreased. Check unemployment site for details.
What about my Federal Student Loans?
All federal loans (not private student loans) payments and interest are deferred until September 30th.
Paycheck Protection Program Loan
Need COVID-19 relief? A Paycheck Protection Program loan can help. Current CME business owners now have the ability to apply and upload all the documentation for this program here.
In response to the request by The Office of Governor DeWine to aggressively protect the health and safety of our members and employees, we made the difficult decision to fully implement social distancing by closing our Downtown location- 365 S. 4th Street, Columbus, OH, 43215 as of March 20th, 2020.
CME Federal Credit Union is delivering Banking That Has Your Back by ensuring our members are protected from a direct and/or indirect impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We have developed special programs for you to take advantage of if you are experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic.
- Vehicle Payment Deferral Program: We are offering a payment deferral for up to 90 days with no late fees during the deferral period.
- Credit Card Solutions: We have a variety of options to assist with your credit card payments.
- Mortgage and Home Equity: We are offering up to 90 days Payment Forbearance with no late fees.
- Suspending Repossessions: We are suspending initiating any new repossession actions on vehicles for the next 60 days.
- Suspending Foreclosure Actions: We are suspending initiating any new foreclosure actions on residential properties in the next 60 days.
If you are currently experiencing hardship or have concerns about future hardship, please contact our Member Care Center at 614-224-8890 or email@example.com. Our staff is standing strong and ready to help provide you with financial peace of mind.
CME Federal Credit Union issued a statement in regard to the Coronavirus that included our commitment to protect our members, associates and our communities. As we continue to follow the developments on COVID-19 and the direction being given by The Office of Governor Mike DeWine, we have decided to take early action. We are confident that social distancing is the best path to help slow the spread of the virus. Therefore the following temporary changes has been made to our operating structure:
Downtown Branch – 365 S. 4th St., Columbus, OH 43215 – Normal operating hours and normal lobby services will continue to be available
The following branches will offer normal operating hours but only drive-thru services will be available:
Hilliard Branch– 4099 Trueman Blvd., Hilliard, OH 43026
Clintonville Branch– 4545 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43214
Pickerington Branch– 1017 Refugee Rd., Pickerington, OH 43147
Westerville Branch– 428 State St., Westerville, OH 43081
Delivering Banking That Has Your Back means that the health and wellness of our members and associates are at the forefront of every decision, and we will monitor the situation and make changes as it evolves. If you have experienced hardship as a result of the Coronavirus, please reach out to us for assistance. If you have questions on COVID-19, please contact the ODH Hotline at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or visit www.cdc.gov.
CME Federal Credit Union is pleased to provide you peace of mind during these uncertain times. We want to remind you that your accounts are insured up to $500,000. The first $250,000 is covered by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) which was created by Congress in 1970 to insure members’ deposits in federally insured credit unions. NCUSIF is financially strong to the point that credit union members have never lost even a penny of insured savings at a federally insured credit union. In addition, NCUSIF has the backing of the full faith and credit of the United States. CME has also chosen to ensure all member deposits for an additional $250,000 for a total of up to $500,000, through the purchase of Excess Share Insurance (ESI) through the American Share Insurance, a private insurance company. (Important to note that if you have more than $500,000 at CME, please give us a call and we can talk about your options to ensure all of your funds are covered by classifying the accounts to maximize coverage.) For more information, click here.
CME encourages you to use our virtual channels with 24/7 access. You can bank anywhere any time through our banking services:
- Online Banking: View your balances, complete transfers, make loan payments, pay bills and so much more!
- Mobile App: View your balance, deposit checks, complete transfers, make payments, set account alerts and so much more! You can download the Mobile App through the Google or Apple app store
- CMEbyPhone: Call 844-403-9111 to hear account details
- Chat with us: Text 1-614-333-1930 for account information and questions regarding new or existing accounts and loans!
- Shared Branches and ATMs: We have over 5,600 Nationwide Shared Branches and 55,000 fee-free ATMs to give you convenient access to cash. To find a location near you, please visit https://cmefcu.locatorsearch.com/. Please note their hours/open locations may have been altered due to COVID-19.
- Member Care Center: We are doubling the staffing of our Member Care Center to assist you in taking advantage of these products and services, and can even help you to enroll and use them for the first time! Give us a call at 614-224-8890 or Toll Free 888-224-3108.